One Homemade Sugar Scrub recipe share coming up! You can use this on yourself, or on your sweetheart. You can give them a handscrub over the sink, or a foot scrub in a basin (bring another basin with warm water in it or a warm damp towel for rinsing) You could even have a partner shower and give each other a gentle scrub down......
Sugar-White, Brown, Demerrara or Coconut/ Palm
Oil: any vegetable based oil- Olive, Grapeseed, or whatever vegetable oil you have in the house
Equipment: Cereal Bowl, Tablespoon, A willing person to try a gorgeous natural hand scrub
Quantities are approximate, no measuring needed!
1) Take a bowl (any size but for comparison a cereal bowl is enough to do 4 grown up hands) and fill it 3/4 full with your choice of sugar
2) Take your oil and add small amounts to the sugar(tablespoon at a time for the cereal bowl size) stop pouring and stir or mix with fingers (fingers work best)
3) Continue to add oil until all sugar crystals are glistening with oil, you don't want it too drippy.
4) Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes or more and make sure you don't have too much oil floating on the top. If you do, add a little more sugar.
5) Add two or three drops of an essential oil or a tiny shake of cinnamon if you like a little scent, but avoid the face and chest if you use this.
To use: wet hands with warm water (or feet or your whole body in the tub if you like) and start rubbing a tablespoon or so of your mixture on the skin. Rub gently (don't scrub too hard, especially on tender bits or face) for 10 or 15 seconds (on hands be sure not to miss between the fingers, dried out fingertips and cuticles) then rinse off with water, there will still be some oil left on the skin just blot the skin dry with a soft towel and enjoy the gorgeously naturally moisturized skin you have just revealed! If you are doing this in the tub please be careful, it will be make the surfaces slippery!
You can do this on hands and feet as often as needed, 2-3 times a week is the maximum I suggest for face or other tender body parts.
If you don't want to do any of this you can always buy my Demerrara Sugar Scrub
Enjoy and let me know what fun concoctions you came up with!